Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More metalworking content

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

Right now -- my preferred lab power supply for that (a Power
Designs one for 0-36V at 0-5A) is keeping my EEPC Netbook running to
run
my weather station web page. (It is loaded with linux, not the
original
Windows. :-) The original power supply failed not too long ago, and
finding a replacement (19VDC @ 2.2A with a 2.5mm barrel connector)
seems
to be a bit tricky. :-)

DoN.

The readily available 19.5V Dell Latitude PA-10 and PA-12 adapters
might work if you have the barrel connector.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

The connector is soldered, under a removeable boot. Ignore the center
wire which communicates data to the laptop. If the data IC fails the
laptop won't run at full speed, though the power is still there, so
maybe you can get a 'bad' one real cheap from a computer store.