Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Air conditioning power svings

On Jan 24, 4:59*am, Wes Groleau wrote:
Electric company wants me to install a device that lets them remotely
alter the duty cycle of my AC compressor.

Is this truly harmless?

Can it make the thing less efficient, or wear out / burn out sooner?

--
Wes Groleau

* *“Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.
* * But I'm not so sure about the universe.”
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * — Albert Einstein

There are several possible reasons but load shedding is the likely
one. It won't damage it.
Of course it will be turned off exactly when you need it most.
The amount of discomfort will depend on how massively your house is
constructed and how well insulated it is.