Posted to uk.d-i-y
Apellation Controlee Apellation Controlee is offline

Default warning - Machine Mart

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:33:06 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Monday, January 21, 2013 8:01:36 PM UTC, Rick Hughes wrote:
I bought an item from Machine Mart (magnifier & Fl light) it was

I did write to customer services ... pointing out I did not know it was time limited and shop had not made that clear.
they said it was printed on note so that was that.
I asked if they would extend date for a week and I would use it straight away - refused.
I went to shop manager - not interested, system would not allow him to accept the expired note.

I wrote again to customer service - asking them to reconsider as I had been a customer for many years - not interested.

Finally I asked for my goods back then ....as I had paid for them - refused.

Their comment was I had accepted the note, and therefore the t&c's that go with them.

So if you get a Credit Note at Machine Mart - be aware.

Press relations contacts are at the bottom of this page:
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/pages/pressworkshop

Maybe a carefully worded conversation would result in either Hayley or
Simon advising Macine Mart that a goodwill gesture would be an
excellent idea.

I'm sure someone like Dom Littlewood would be pleased to have material
for a broadcast feature about credit notes.