Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Driveway Alarms

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:21:48 PM UTC-5, HeyBub wrote:
Pavel314 wrote:

I was thinking of putting an induction system in the driveway so that

a bell would ring when someone pulls in. We have a long drive, partly

hidden, and it would be good to know if someone is coming. I'd put it

far enough up the drive so that it wouldn't be set off by people who

are just turning around from the street.

I like the idea of a hard-wired system so that I don't have to worry

about battery replacement. Has anyone had any experience with these?

Any recommendations of brands to seek out or avoid?

You can rig your own with a motion-sensor (like for outdoor lights) and a

bell.

Have fun.

I thought of that but we have deer wandering up and down the drive at night which would set off the alarm. I figured an induction system wouldn't give false alarms, unless a metal deer walked up the drive.