Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Drawer side stock?

On 1/22/2013 11:13 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 21:53:16 -0600, Swingman wrote:

(If that sounds a little snippy, it's because Comcast just clobbered
all our email accounts and I'm too miserable from the flu to fight with
them just now.)

So you heard that 'sound' too, but pulled the trigger on the post
anyway?

You heard my excuse - what's yours?

There's nothing wrong with suggesting commercial solutions in this group
- we all learn that way. But turning up your nose at fitted drawers is
just reverse snobbery.

Instead of getting all disingenuous and defensive about your already
self admitted "snippy" behavior, how about simply answering the question
you got all "snippy" about regarding drawers intended for a kitchen:

On 1/18/2013 1:49 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:17:15 -0600, Swingman wrote:
I meant to add that you will certainly want to consider,
before you make a decision about your drawer side thickness,
the type of drawer slides you will be using.

Unless the drawers are to handle heavy loads, I see no need for any
drawer slides at all. A traditionally fitted drawer is much better.

Better for what?

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net