Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cooker circuit

Forgot a couple of things:

On Wednesday 23 January 2013 09:02 Tim Watts wrote in alt.home.repair:

(I am not a professional electrician, though I do hold Electrical
Installer qualifications[1] and a working knowledge the the IEE Wiring
Regulations 17th Edition - current).

[1] So I can wire my own house and make the Building Inspector feel warm and
fuzzy about accepting my own certification.

So to the OP:
=============

In the UK:

you *can* replace the cooker outlet with one or more 13A sockets wired in
a radial configuration (ie daisy chained, branched, any way you like).

I should note that the terminal capacity of a typical accessory like a
socket is 6mm2 per terminal. This means you *cannot* form a tee-junction in
4mm2 or 6mm2 cable - only in 2.5mm2 for a ring circuit.

It's still possible but you'd have to use junction boxes. This partly
explains why 32A radial circuits are not popular - too difficult to
implement in practise.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."