Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Mystery pipe?

"bob haller" wrote in message
news:8a40db29-3d18-4e47-bfdb-new tanks are more efficent and safer
too.....

although electric tanks are 100% efficent less standby losses newer
foam insulation cuts operating expenses dramatically.

I see very little difference between the new foam and the old
fiberglass ones. With add-on blankets both use a bit over 1 KWH per
day, the bill was for 33 KWH last month. Without the blanket the foam
one used 1.5 KWH/day. I didn't record the old one before installing
the blanket. Both pipes are insulated up to the ceiling. I set up a
spreadsheet to extrapolate the daily use from shorter meter reading
intervals so showers and laundry wouldn't interfere.