Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Harris[_2_] Art Harris[_2_] is offline

Default Indoor/Outdoor Weather Station Problem

On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:32:41 PM UTC-5, IGot2P wrote:
On 1/22/2013 10:23 AM, Art Harris wrote:

About two years ago, my daughter gave us a La Crosse Indoor / Outdoor

weather station (Model 8300) with an outdoor sensor/transmitter unit.

It worked perfectly until recently, and we've become addicted to it.

Two days ago, the outdoor readings disappeared. I replaced the

batteries in both the indoor and outdoor units, following the

procedure in the manual, but cannot get any outdoor readings.

Would welcome any helpfull hints or recomendations for a similar

weather product.

Thanks,

Art

Are you sure that it is a model 8300? I have several La Crosse units but

I am not familiar with that model nor can I find it on their website. On

the units that I am familiar with you must reset the unit after changing

batteries. On some models you simply press the "+" key for a couple of

seconds until you hear a short beep. This synchronizes the transmitter

and receiver together.

To take a look at one of mine just point your browser to

www.dongares.com/weather.htm

Don

Yes, it is an 8300. Here's what it looks like:

http://lacrossetechnology.com/8300/

Their instruction is to put batteries in the Transmitting unit first, then the receiving unit (with the units a few feet apart). I've tried both ways.

I got this unit a couple of years ago, so it may be discontinued. Has worked flawlessly until now. The coldest it gets around here is around 5F and that's rare. The night it failed was only around 27F.

Art