Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default Indoor/Outdoor Weather Station Problem

"Art Harris" wrote in message

elbrecht wrote:
Art Harris

wrote:

About two years ago, my daughter gave us a La Crosse Indoor / Outdoor

weather station (Model 8300) with an outdoor sensor/transmitter unit.

It worked perfectly until recently, and we've become addicted to it.

Two days ago, the outdoor readings disappeared. I replaced the

batteries in both the indoor and outdoor units, following the

procedure in the manual, but cannot get any outdoor readings.

If you followed them exactly-- removing the batteries from the inside

one- then replacing the batteries in the outside one before replacing

the inside batteries--- Then try reversing the procedure and making

the receiver hot before the sender.

It matters, and I have several remote thingies- and some need an

active receiver first, others need an active sender first.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I just tried powering up the receiver first, but no joy. Was worth a try
though.

I think it's most likely that the transmitter unit is at fault (since it has
has been outside in the heat and cold, though sheltered from rain and snow).

I put brand new Dura-cell batteries in both units, and checked their
voltage.

Maybe I can get a new transmitter unit only from La Crosse. I like this
product because it looks good, is easy to read, and gives me all I need to
know and nothing more. It worked perfectly for about two years.

Art

Art The ones I have (not your brand) have 3 different settings to match the
receiver. When the batteries die I need to match them up after replacing the
batteries. WW