Posted to alt.home.repair
IGot2P IGot2P is offline

Default Indoor/Outdoor Weather Station Problem

On 1/22/2013 10:23 AM, Art Harris wrote:
About two years ago, my daughter gave us a La Crosse Indoor / Outdoor
weather station (Model 8300) with an outdoor sensor/transmitter unit.
It worked perfectly until recently, and we've become addicted to it.

Two days ago, the outdoor readings disappeared. I replaced the
batteries in both the indoor and outdoor units, following the
procedure in the manual, but cannot get any outdoor readings.

Would welcome any helpfull hints or recomendations for a similar
weather product.

Thanks,
Art

Are you sure that it is a model 8300? I have several La Crosse units but
I am not familiar with that model nor can I find it on their website. On
the units that I am familiar with you must reset the unit after changing
batteries. On some models you simply press the "+" key for a couple of
seconds until you hear a short beep. This synchronizes the transmitter
and receiver together.

To take a look at one of mine just point your browser to
www.dongares.com/weather.htm

Don