Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Indoor/Outdoor Weather Station Problem

On 01/22/13 11:23 am, Art Harris wrote:

About two years ago, my daughter gave us a La Crosse Indoor / Outdoor
weather station (Model 8300) with an outdoor sensor/transmitter unit.
It worked perfectly until recently, and we've become addicted to it.

Two days ago, the outdoor readings disappeared. I replaced the
batteries in both the indoor and outdoor units, following the
procedure in the manual, but cannot get any outdoor readings.

Would welcome any helpfull hints or recomendations for a similar
weather product.

How cold is it where you are? What batteries did you use in the outdoor
unit? I think that the Lithium ones (e.g., Energizer Lithium) are
supposed to work at much lower temperatures than the regular ones.

Perce