Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Indoor/Outdoor Weather Station Problem

On 1/22/2013 10:23 AM, Art Harris wrote:
About two years ago, my daughter gave us a La Crosse Indoor / Outdoor
weather station (Model 8300) with an outdoor sensor/transmitter unit.
It worked perfectly until recently, and we've become addicted to it.

Two days ago, the outdoor readings disappeared. I replaced the
batteries in both the indoor and outdoor units, following the
procedure in the manual, but cannot get any outdoor readings.

Would welcome any helpfull hints or recomendations for a similar
weather product.

Thanks,
Art

There could have been corrosion to the electrical connection on the
outdoor sensor or if it has wires on the outside, squirrels are bad
about chewing on wires. ^_^

TDD