Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber[_2_] Pat Barber[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of pocket hole jigs...

On 1/22/2013 8:20 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
In the next month or so I will have the need to make 80 pocket holes at
the ends of 1x2 stock. I have the Kreg R3, the one you clamp onto the
work with a hand-held clamp. I was never a "jig" person before, but my
brain has been turning more in that direction since I've been building
what for me is a large project. Has anyone here built the R3 into a more
stationary jig? Yes, I know Kreg sells one, but I'm reluctant to shell
out the cash for it.

I have some ideas as to how I could do it, but it's nice to learn from
other people's mistakes once in a while.

To get the entire kit is a VERY worth while investment. It will change
the way you build cabinets forever. With four boards and a few screws,
you can have a cabinet frame put together in minutes. Face frames go
even quicker(less holes).

It appears that others have come up with a simple solution for your
original question about the R3.

You will never regret getting the entire kit....