Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default DreamLiner and Li-ion

Nightjar wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nightjar wrote
Andy Burns wrote
Nightjar wrote

it was recently reported that around 40% of British pilots
have admitted to falling asleep at the controls and one
third of those [woke?] to find their co-pilot asleep as well

Sounds like an extra function of the autopilot should be to randomly
require some response from the pilots to check if they are awake ...

In the days before the cockpit was kept locked, the cabin
crew would appear from time to time and offer coffee.

The other approach leaves that for dead.

You might prefer to interface with a computer.

And so does anyone with even half a clue about
how is the best way to detect when one or both
of the pilots has gone to sleep at the controls.

I would prefer a pretty girl coming in to speak to me.

Have fun explaining how she gets thru that locked door.