Posted to uk.d-i-y
Apellation Controlee Apellation Controlee is offline

Default warning - Machine Mart

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 07:54:17 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I don't think what they have done is actually legal. If the goods are not
right you should at least get goods to the original value. I suspect as
trading conditions harden we will find a lot more sharp practice if they
can get away with it.

I daresay branch managers have a certain amount of discretion, and of
course will have their own (mis)understanding of company rules.

When I had a similar experience at MM with a product that turned out
to be unsuitable I was given a refund without a moment's hesitation.
Couldn't have been more obliging.