Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default slicing a 1x8 board

On 1/21/2013 2:48 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/21/2013 2:39 PM, rlz wrote:
I am trying to slice a 1"x8"x3' piece of walnut into a couple of
3/8"x8" boards. My bandsaw is a benchtop model that doesn't have a
wide enough opening. I tried to do this on my tablesaw by raising the
blade ad high as possible. It came close, and it was sorta awkward to
get an exact cut.

Years ago I used to resaw by starting on the table saw, with cuts on
both sides as high as I was comfortable raising the blade, then go back
through the kerfs with a good old fashioned handsaw ... you have some
cleanup to do, with a plane, sander, but it is an effective, and safer
way on some table saws.

That's the way I did it.
Then run it through the plainer for thickness.