Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default What year is this freezer?

On Jan 21, 4:27*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 21:50:25 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) "

wrote:
My Coldspot/Sears upright freezer is dying. *I am trying to figure out
how long we have had it. *30+ years is my wife's guess. *Model is
106.628440. *The original parts list does not have a date and we can't
find any sales slip or other info. * Any idea how to tell about how
old it is?

If it's dying, the age dont much matter anymore. *However if you really
want to know, sears might have something on their website. *Also, use
google or other search engine and enter that model number, *Who knows
what you might find.

Try this google search (your own message came up too)http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...6.628440&btnG=...

with a older fridge energy use may skyrocket in hot weather, since the
old fiberglass insulation isnt nearly as good modern closed cell
insulation....

so in hot weather a freezer might be a energy piggie.......

I can report around 15 years ago i replaced my 1953 fridge it was
older than i was and saw a significant drop in electric use