Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] homeowner@home.com is offline

Default How can i make my bed room seem smaller?

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 06:49:47 -0800 (PST), Robert Macy
wrote:

On Jan 19, 3:54*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
jemsander wrote:
my bed room is HUGE. i want to give it a smaller cozier feel. how can i
do that?

How much "smaller cozier" do you want to make it? *Enough to build closets
along a wall or in the corners? The room will be smaller and you'll have
more storage.

P.S. Google is your friend. "How to make a large room feel smaller"

Similar 'problem'.

We decided to simply split the room and create an exercise room.

But I like your idea of adding storage.

Besides splitting the room, how about placing those free standinng
room dividers? hand painted oriental screens. Or, place artwork ALL
over the walls. Nothing like 'cluttering' up the wall to make it seem
closer.

This thread takes the cake for being one of the stupidest posts of the
month. However, there is a solution. Get some 2x4's, some sheetrock,
and a door. Build a wall right down the middle, insert the door (or you
wont be able to get into one of the halves), and you now have two small
bedrooms. One for sleeping, one for ****ing! That ought to work.
And when you and the old lady have a fight, you each have your own
bedroom (because you wont need a room for ****ing until the fight has
ended). That's it, your problem is solved.