Posted to rec.woodworking

Default refinished 5 1/4 on binaries.

"woodchucker" wrote:

I boxed it back up and left it for another day.. it needs sand
blasting, so I can refinish the casting and get rid of the heavy
rust.

Thinking of buying the HF sand blasting cabinet. I like refinishing
tools, think it might pay.

Tried the HF blaster without much success and ended up returning it.

Had a 5 HP, 80 gallon, air compressor which wasn't big enough.

Sand blasting requires a LOT of air.

Also think you want to use glass beads rather than sand.

It won't be as aggressive as sand.

Suggest you find a sand blasting company and see if they will handle
your job when they are doing another job.

That can be very cost effective, especially if you are not in a hurry
to get the job done.

That's what I did a few years ago when I had to have hardened epoxy
cleaned out of a bronze gear pump.

Can't remember how much but it was about $10 and took a week or so.

Good luck.

Lew