Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default More metalworking content

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:00:37 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I cringe every time I hear someone talk about wire brushing edged
tools or see pictures on eBay of tools cleaned that way. It's
impossible NOT to damage the cutting edges. Toolholders, fine.
Shovels, fine. Handplane irons, saws, or end mill bits? No way.

What..they cant be resharpened????

If they are that rusty the edge is already gone.

Saws and planes are easy to resharpen once you learn how. I bought
some replacement Fiskars pruning saw blades from Home Depot that
already needed jointing and filing.
http://www.vintagesaws.com/library/primer/sharp.html

I couldn't find a cant saw file for the M teeth
http://www.pferdusa.com/products/201...201b0305P.html
but a mill file worked well enough. A rough burr in the center of the
vee doesn't matter for pruning.

jsw