Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Portable non-electric Steam Cleaner

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:31:07 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:07:12 -0500, wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 08:22:18 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 06:18:02 +0000, Piotr O
0f8503901d844703eea1acecb7a4938a_1458@example. com wrote:

How can I build a steam cleaner to carry with me in my truck (big semi tractor
trailer)? I would like to use it to clean oil, dirt and grime before working
on the truck.

You need power to run the pump. Fact of life

Gunner

The pump can run on an ifernal combustion engine - diesel, gasoline
or propane. Can also be run off compressed air if the truck engine
runs. Nothing stopping a 12 volt pump motor from being used either.
Not real practical - but definitely possible.

The original Steam Jenny makes a gasoline powered one.

You are absolutely correct indeed. Ive only seen them that had a
electric motor to run the ignitor and blower

Gunner

1. Lie

The gasoline powered ones are almost the ONLY way to clean up
equipment for field repair. The only option is a generator set to run
the electric one.