Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What year is this freezer?

If it's got black tubular coils, cleaning them can sometimes help, a lot.

Freezers also do leak refrigerant, and might need to be charged up. I've
done enough of those. Sometimes, slow leak can leak out the refrigerant over
a period of years, and a charge can buy you some time. Not many techs bother
with refrigerant charges. Some do, like me.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
My Coldspot/Sears upright freezer is dying. I am trying to figure out
how long we have had it. 30+ years is my wife's guess. Model is
106.628440. The original parts list does not have a date and we can't
find any sales slip or other info. Any idea how to tell about how
old it is?