Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default More metalworking content

On 21 Jan 2013 03:31:36 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2013-01-19, Steve Walker wrote:
Just uploaded some pix to mwdropbox.com.

Nice to see real metalworking.

[ ... ]

Don, how are the repairs to your shop coming along?

Well ... the cleaning and checking of the machines is complete.
Most of the machines came out fine -- after de-surface-rusting and
re-lubing. The drill press pops the GFI as soon as it starts to rotate.
Likely water in the small VFD mounted on it, as the motor is well
sealed. I can't dig into that to fix it until the*walls are
re-insulated and re-drywalled. (Adding outlets while I am about it. :-)

Lots of tool holders (30-taper and 40-taper as well as
Aloris style) need de-rusting -- or replacement. All the end mill sets
(normal, two angles of dovetail, and Woodruff key cutters) will need to
be replaced, as well as drill bits -- but waiting about ordering these
until I have a place to put them.

Currently waiting through paperwork to get the check from the
insurance company turned into cash to pay people. Had to get it signed
by the credit union, and the mortgage company wants to hold onto it and
handle disbursements themselves.

Enjoy,
DoN.

rusty endmills and tool holders...will still work just fine after you
hit em with the fine wire wheel. Unless they were stored in a bucket
of salt water for a couple months.

Half the tooling I have at home, came home rusty. Shrug

But Ill not tell that to your insurance company.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422.../ShopDec282012

Added some photos

Gunner

1. Lie