Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default warning - Machine Mart

I bought an item from Machine Mart (magnifier & Fl light) it was
useless, quality of magnifier lens was so poor everything was out of focus.

Took it back the next day ... as I had 'opened the box' would only give
Credit Note.

Next time I went to buy took Credit note to pay (£50 credit) ... to
be told credit note expired.
In the very small print there was a date limit ... certainly not
mentioned by the shop at the time.

I took it to customer services - who also said 'No'
...........OK I asked could I have the original item back then, at
least I could sell it .......... to be told 'No'

Fells like I have been robbed ... they have my money I have no goods.

So be warned if they offer you a credit note.