Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Left the apprentice in Grimsby

Fredxx wrote:
On 20/01/2013 18:09, ARW wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 13:23:35 -0000, ARW wrote:

The apprentice that took the ladders off my van yesterday was
nearly in tears due to the cold and the ice on the ladders and
ladder clamps. I suggested that he should wear gloves.

He he, and you being a spark they would be glassfibre and thus
warm ladders compared to aluminium ones.

3 stage aluminium ladders:-)

And the gloves are free because they are PPE. He only had to walk
into the office and ask for a pair - and he should know that - it's
one of the first things we teach them.

Since he's working for you, or should I say your responsibility,
shouldn't you also have had a duty to ensure he had PPE and was using
them?

As he was not in a dangerous situation, then no.

--
Adam