Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is silicone caulk safe for use on food items

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 19:48:06 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 09:19:08 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 09:12:30 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Actually it's not really a food item, but I have a plastic (Rubbermaid)
livestock tank that has a hole in it from the tank heater melting thru
it.

...snip...

I was looking for the MSDS sheets for silicone, but google has 3.6
million possibilities and seems to refer to OSHA, but they dont seem to
have the sheets on their HUGE website that would take days to hunt thru
all of it. Then there's http://www.msdsonline.com, which wants us to
pay $499.00 for the data. Screw that! This should be free to the
public.
I'm at a loss where to find these sheets online.

The is the sealant page for McMaster Carr. Most of the sealants include
the MSDS sheet once you drill down by clicking on the product number.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#sealants/

You can find the MSDS for most such things with a simple Google
search; "framis +MSDS".

Is framis safe for use on food items?

Do you know how to use Google?

Do you recognize a joke when you see one?

I suppose I really do need to put smileys everywhere. Lefties are
just too literal. No brain.

BTW... Googling framis +MSDS returns one hit:

This thread via Google groups. ;-)