Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Danny Glover says 2'nd amendment (right to bear arms) created to support slavery, war on native indians

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 14:18:23 -0600, gonjah wrote:

On 1/19/2013 12:34 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 10:53:13 -0600, gonjah wrote:

On 1/19/2013 10:21 AM, Charleton Heston wrote:
http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4582

The Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and
capture land from Native Americans, award winning actor Danny Glover
told a group of students at a Texas A&M sponsored event on Thursday.

Actor Danny Glover told students at Texas A&M University the intent of
the Second Amendment was to protect slavery.

“I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,” he
said. “The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves
from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans.”

“A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from
people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second
amendment is,” he continued.

Glover, best known for roles in the “Lethal Weapon” franchise and
“Angels in the Outfield,” was addressing students at an event being held
in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Director of Texas A&M’s Memorial Student Center, Luke Altendorf, told
Campus Reform on Friday that the university was unaware of Glover’
talking points prior to his speech.

“I had no idea, we really didn’t know that topic was coming up,” he told
Campus Reform. “Someone was asking a question about activism, I think
that’s where some of that came from.”

Altendorf declined to say if, or how much the school had paid for
Glover’s speech, but said student fees were not used.

Why state the obvious? Glover is a lefty. Always has been.

Back when the Republicans wanted *more* gun control:

http://tinyurl.com/7z637fq

Lying really does become you.

heh Big-man behind keyboard syndrome?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act