Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default 9 tooth spline motor shaft

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 14:06:39 -0500, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 1/19/2013 9:31 AM, Robert Nichols wrote:
On 01/18/2013 11:44 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
Surplus Center has these wonderful motors that I would like to use for a
wire-brushing operation. (imagine that) They have a 1/2" dia.
nine-tooth splined
shaft 1/2" long. Have any ideas how to mount an arbor on that shaft?

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.as...tname=electric

Looks nice, but, "Intermittant duty" ??

Damn! I didn't notice that, thanks. That's a deal killer. I need to
get two brushing stations operational in less than a week. Without an
off-shelf solution and the intermittent DS, I'll just buy from Grainger.

Intermittant duty = less than "under load"

I dont think Tom would be using the full 1hp at full load on a wire
brush..do you ?

Gunner

1. Lie