Larry Jaques

Default OT - Man angry at Verizon hurls phones

On 15 May 2004 20:56:02 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
brought forth from the murky depths:

CW responds:

Agreed Charlie, I don't have one either. If only those people that really
needed cell phones had them, it would probably not be a viable business.
Used to be, people valued their privacy. Now, everyone has to "keep in
touch", an idea that was pushed by the cell phone industry to sell their
product.

Yes. Keep in touch for what? How much is going to change here in the 3 days
I'll be out next week that will be of major importance to me? The need for
constantly being patted on the back, or constantly patting someone on the back,
is something of an illness, IMHO, related strongly to the sickness of being
unable to sit still and think without some kind of background noise filling the
air.

A Freakin' Men, sir. I'm with the hurler.

I cannot understand the obsession people have with phones, especially
since the cell phone technology is still in the dark ages. I'd like to
hear on one single person who has -never- had their phone go out of
range OR their battery die OR had a bad connection OR they couldn't
hear/understand what the guy on the other end was saying. I'd be
willing to bet that everyone who has used a cell phone more than twice
has experienced at least one of those happenings at least once.

My Hawaii client called me today using her cell phone and we spent
over an hour online. I had to ask her to repeat things a dozen times
and she asked me 4 or 5 times.

Feh! Pay all that money so people have more places from whence to
harrass you at all hours? Right. Pass!

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright