Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default More metalworking content

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 1/19/2013 01:21, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...
On 19/01/2013 10:55 AM, Steve Walker wrote:
Just uploaded some pix to mwdropbox.com.

Solid1 and solid2 (JPG format).

If I was rich, I'd be doing this for recreation, it's my craft, and
it's
metalworking, but for now, I work to get paid.

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/solid1.JPG
http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/solid2.JPG

Nice work - mind if I ask what they are?

Im guessing a planetary gear housingm with an outer clutch band.

Damn, Sam, That's what it am. G It's a subcontracted government job,
they didn't want to build a deep draw die for just 2 pieces.

I don't know who originally said it, but
"you are that......damn......good!"

Thanks, I had a pretty strong hunch, because of the notch area...

--that is a relatively large, thin-walled piece, the material alone
representing a significant cost--it takes many years of skill and
accumulated specialty knowledge to sucessfully manufacture items of this
nature out of raw stock..

Nice work...