CW

Default OT - Man angry at Verizon hurls phones

The difference in battery life was more due to output power than anything. 5
watts for the ht. 500 or so milliwatts for the cell phone (radio).

"George" george@least wrote in message
Yep, but less the cop-size battery, which was necessary for analog models,
its successors (STS 5000 in my case) can still seem heavy. Strange isn't
it? It's an 800MHz radio, in our case, and lasts about as long as a cell
phone with a spare battery....

"Kevin Singleton" wrote in message
Can't. They've been discontinued since 2002.

"JG" wrote in message

try walking around with one of these in your belt all day
http://www.motorola.com/cgiss/portab...er.shtml#specs