Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Plunge saw choices

"Swingman" wrote:

I've always been partial to the "vise-grip" type mechanism for quick
change clamping ... in my childhood I somehow knew a few folks who
actually used vice grips when their gear shift broke on the steering
columns of their trucks ... kinda thought they were standard issue
there for a while.

Years ago when CBS TV was running "On the road" programs on Sunday
morning, they had a contributor who lived in Nebraska and submitted
his
stories under the heading, "Postcards from Nebraska".

One of his "Postcards" was a story about the machine shop who invented
"ViceGrips".

Story went to great lengths to show all the unusual ways they jerry
rigged "ViceGrips" to solve problems.

Most of the odd ball special "ViceGrips" brought to market were an
outgrowth of solving these unique clamping problems in their own shop.

Just another dose of Friday morning trivia.

Lew