Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default New nuclear notches up: Minister claims its all his own idea.

wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 13:30:47 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

We have a Chinook squadron not far away, getting 50ft separation from
the house would be nice. Sadly MoD do the "na na na naaa we can't hear
you" approach if I call/write to complain. Still, at least it's a great
improvement on the days when we had Tornadoes stationed there as well.

Were the Tornadoes a long term deployment or just visiting for the
families day?

I think they were there in the warm up for Bosnia. They flew over the
house and surrounding area several times between January and April.

When I used to work around that area Lasham seemed a
funny place ,drive up a country lane and there you were looking at a
load of airliners parked behind a hedge.

Country lane? That's a main road that is, used to be my route into
Farnborough.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/