Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Digital vs Analog cordless Phone? Health Radiation is the same?

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:41:22 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Saturday, December 20, 2008 5:25:11 PM UTC-5, Charles wrote:
"lbbss" wrote in message
more power equals more radiation? is that correct?

I read some info on the web suggesting that the new Dect technology is
worst for you, because of the lower frequencies (1.9Ghz) affects your
cells in a negative way.

More power means more tissue heating and that (heating) is the concern. RF
heats tissues. Stick a hot dog in the microwave as a basic experiment.

Non-ionizing energy sources just do heat damage. A dozen mW or even
hundreds of them are of no concern. The temperature rise is almost
impossible to measure after it passes through thick skulls.

Hello,

I live in Canada and I need good (low or no radiation) cordless phone. I bought Siemens Gigaset A580 from Australia but my call waiting did not work in Canada, actually I had to disconnect current conversation in order to answer new incoming call. Besides that, I liked that phone because it had Eco Mode PLUS (the phone is dead now). Now the problem is that in Canada and US we can not buy Eco Mode PLUS phone, we can only buy Eco Mode which means base station is pulsing/radiating ALL THE TIME. I would appreciate if you can help me to choose a new cordless phone for my home (even if it's an older type as long as it has call display and call waiting). Please help me choose the phone and please explain what technology and why (analog, digital, 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz, etc).
Thank you in advance and I wish you good luck with your researches!
Peja

This posting is spew from 2008, but still interesting.

How low in radiation do you want? The typical cordless phone radiates
about 5 to 10 milliwatts of RF. Using an SAR model, that would be
about 0.005 to 0.01 watt/kg exposure as compared to maybe 1 watt/kg
for a cell phone. The FCC limit is 1.6 watts/kg.
http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1195733767519

Also, there's no connection between cell phone (and by implication
cordless phone) radiation and brain cancer. Here's the incidence of
new cases of brain and central nervous system cancers in 9 major metro
areas:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/brain-CNS-cancer.jpg
Note that the graph is almost flat over the last 30 years. Since
about 1990, cell phone use has increase exponentially each year. If
there were a connection, I would expect the incidence of cancers to
have increased, which they have not.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558