Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Plunge saw choices

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:14:11 AM UTC-8, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote: On 1/16/2013 8:03 AM, Leon wrote: quick, simple, foolproof, and expensive. Don't look now, Bubba ... but you just described Festool to a "T". :) The discussion being on "tools that work well", I have a related question. In doing pocket-joinery ala Kreg, what helps insures that "nothing slips" when finally attaching the 2 pieces of wood with a screw (or screws). I don't believe that the second piece of wood is normally drilled, right? Based upon my experience, screwing two pieces of wood together does not yield precise results without more technique (clamps, pre-drill, etc.). Is there something remarkable about their screws? Bill

I use an F clamp, a deep bar clamp. Kreg maks a vice grips type thing and some shops use those band saw table type hold downs and make a little channel in their work benc to accomodate.