Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default A Serious Question About Building Codes And Safety

"Norminn" wrote

That is terribly sad. I'm of the age (and experience as a nurse) that I
am paranoid about trip/fall hazards.

MIL turned 90 the other day. When we go shopping, she gets in the back seat
of the truck, a hefty step up. Problem comes when disembarking.

I don't care if she has two twenty pound sacks of sugar, a forty of potatos,
and two sacks of softener salt, she wants to get every fricking thing she
can in her arms before she then tries to climb down.

I've mentioned it to her many times, and always try to jump back there by
the door so I can help her. I have the kiddie door locks, and can fix it so
she can't open the door, but she knows where those are, and she just slides
them open.

She's going to bust her butt one of these days, and I'll be sad, but you
can't tell someone who knows everything anything.

Steve