Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default New Home Office Project

On 1/16/2013 3:53 PM, Han wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 1/14/2013 11:07 AM, Leon wrote:

Progress so far. The front and back face frames for the desk drawer
units have been assembled and are receiving varnish for the hard to
get to areas. Side panel assemblies to the drawer units will be
assembled tomorrow after the 4th coat of varnish on the cherry panels.

The stiles for the front and back face frames with Domino mortises

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...21576229919603
62/

The rails to the back face frames with Domino tenons, a pretty cool
joint. It naturally forms a rabbet with its lap joints strengthened
with the Donimos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...21576229919603
62/

What the joint looks like assembled.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...21576229919603
62/

And the finished back face frame showing the rabbet that goes all the
way around the opening. Note the dado's on the bottom sides of both
stiles. These will receive the side panels.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...21576229919603
62/

As a side note, all of the kerf cuts in the plywood work surface are a
result of cutting the Wilsonart plastic laminate for the airplane
cabinet project. The Festool fine tooth blade for plywood cut the
laminate like a hot knife through butter with absolutely no chipping.

Looks great so far. I like the joint with the dominoes. Looks real
strong to me (nincompoop).

I am sure this has been used long before me but I never saw one like
this before I came up with it about 14 months ago. Thank you Sketchup
for helping me visualize it. I have made 14 previous back face frames
this way in the past year or so, not counting the current project. I am
reeeeeeeeel happy with it.