Mark & Juanita

Default OT-VIDEO of AMERICAN BEHEADED BY TERRORISTS

On 14 May 2004 10:17:15 -0700, (Agkistrodon)
wrote:

Tim Daneliuk wrote in message ...
xrongor wrote:

SNIP

its actually very simple. what bothers me is that some people actually do

.... big snip

A better solution would have been fifty years ago when we had a chance
to change the face of Islam by introducing modern education and
development into Iran. We could have, over a generation or two,
developed an understanding of Islamic philosophy by shepherd boys that
would have been modernistic as well as in tune with many of the more
abstract Islamic thinkers of the 8th, 9th, 10th etc. Centuries. Islam
had a level of enlightenment in it that far exceeded that of
Christianity.

Oh yeah, it had such a level of enlightenment that the only surviving
Christians or Jews in the Islamic countries were either second-class
citizens or slaves. It was so enlightened that the once-Christian Egypt
had its library in Alexandria burned and any Jews or Christians killed or
converted. Very enlightened indeed.

It still does but its fundamentalist practitioners are
so concrete in their approach that they find their exact equivalents
in Chrsitianity.

With the exception of the Inquisition, which many would argue strayed so
far from Orthodox Christianity as to make associating those actions with
Christianity unreasonable, Christianity has never advocated the use of
force for conversion.

Read some of those Rapture books by LaHaye (is it?).
They are as bllodthirsty as ever the most fundamentalist Mullah ever
was.

Haven't read any of the books as they are not actually orthodox doctrine
regarding the end times. However, I seriously doubt that these books
advocate the sending out of believing children with explosives strapped to
themselves to blow up infidels.

Snip to end... your rightwing misconceptions and justifications are
boring.

Agkistrodon