Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Left the apprentice in Grimsby

On 15/01/2013 21:33, ARW wrote:
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 19:31, ARW wrote:
GB wrote:
On 15/01/2013 17:45, ARW wrote:

I was put with that apprentice because the boss wants shut of
him - so you can guess what the boss thinks of me.

Why doesn't the boss just say "Sorry lad, but we don't think
you're cut out for this. Time to move on."?

And pay him off? Far better to sack them or get them to quit.

A week's worth of wages for an apprentice = SFA.

They do have some legal rights. You cannot just give them £100 and tell them
to **** off.

It is easier and cheaper to legally sack them or "give" them a chance to
quit.

Are there special rights for apprentices? Otherwise, provided he's
completed less than 2 years employment, he can just be given a week or
two's wages and told to **** off. That's what giving him the sack is.

Nothing wrong with that. It's the degrading, almost sadistic, treatment
you are giving him on top of that that I object to. Plus, you seem to
get a kick out of it, although maybe that's just your frustration with
the kid coming out.