Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Left the apprentice in Grimsby

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:45:48 PM UTC, wrote:
Fredxx wrote:

On 13/01/2013 18:27, ARW wrote:

On Friday afternoon I called in for fuel at 3.30 pm. There was a

queue at the petrol station a queue at the till and add on to that

all the time it took me to fill the tank with 50 litres of fuel.

The little **** just sat in the passenger seat of the van for 15

minutes until I had got back from paying for the fuel before

announcing that he was going into the petrol station for a drink and

crisps.

I said "You can call in the shop if you want to but I will be

setting off back home in 10 seconds time"

He went into the shop and 10 seconds later I left for home.

Written final warning in the morning ..........................

Not a smart move on your part. By all means have contempt for some of

the apprentices, but don't forget they get paid peanuts, and are

easily dismissed.

In this case the apprentice would have little trouble in claiming

constructive dismissal, plus reasonable expenses to get home.

I wonder what your bosses think of you? If it was me, it would be you

with the written warning.

I was put with that apprentice because the boss wants shut of him - so you

can guess what the boss thinks of me.

Well he either hates you or admires you for getting things done that he can't, I'm not sure which.

--

Adam