Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Digital vs Analog cordless Phone? Health Radiation is the same?

wrote:
On Saturday, December 20, 2008 5:25:11 PM UTC-5, Charles wrote:
"lbbss" wrote in message
more power equals more radiation? is that correct?

I read some info on the web suggesting that the new Dect technology is
worst for you, because of the lower frequencies (1.9Ghz) affects your
cells in a negative way.

More power means more tissue heating and that (heating) is the concern. RF
heats tissues. Stick a hot dog in the microwave as a basic experiment.

Non-ionizing energy sources just do heat damage. A dozen mW or even
hundreds of them are of no concern. The temperature rise is almost
impossible to measure after it passes through thick skulls.

Hello,

I live in Canada and I need good (low or no radiation) cordless phone. I
bought Siemens Gigaset A580 from Australia but my call waiting did not
work in Canada, actually I had to disconnect current conversation in
order to answer new incoming call. Besides that, I liked that phone
because it had Eco Mode PLUS (the phone is dead now). Now the problem is
that in Canada and US we can not buy Eco Mode PLUS phone, we can only buy
Eco Mode which means base station is pulsing/radiating ALL THE TIME. I
would appreciate if you can help me to choose a new cordless phone for my
home (even if it's an older type as long as it has call display and call
waiting). Please help me choose the phone and please explain what
technology and why (analog, digital, 2.4GHz, 5.8GHz, etc).
Thank you in advance and I wish you good luck with your researches!
Peja

The only reliable phone I have is an old 800 MHz analog. My DECT Uniden
would be great except it cuts out often for 20 sec, goes into privacy mode.
Software issues I think. Garbage. There are so many model look a likes,
make buying difficult, plus they change models too often.

Greg