Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Gloat?

On 1/15/2013 10:11 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Oh, yeah, I paid $230 for it and the seller loaded it in my van for meg

Is it worth the bragging rights?

Looks like you have the right to gloat.

Took a bit of the edge off it tonight, I guess. Did a complete
assessment of the saw (had done quite a bit before even seeing it as
I've been negotiating with the seller more or less sight unseen for a
couple of weeks.

However, when all is said and done, the order placed with Advanced
Machinery in Delaware (Hegner's sole distribution point in the US) I'll
have all the upgrades, all the blade holders and - other than the wear
on the finish - a like new Polymax 3 for about $500 total investment.

I'd seen these at the shows, of course, but never handled one. What a
solid beast. German engineering at its best. But, man o man, are those
parts expensive.