Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Cuisinart Blender Cover Modification

On 1/15/2013 1:54 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:33:14 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

So, here you go...have at it.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...8276203311.jpg

P.S. I've tried a little vegetable oil on the fins to make them
slippery and while that works to a certain degree, it's not something
I want to do everytime we use the blender.

I have not clue how to modify the cover...

First thing I thought was to use food-grade silicone grease; like
plumbers use, but not very often. Would it soften the rib rings?

no.

does it smell like plastic? most plastic has a plastisizer in it. that's
what gives you the new car smell (and harbor freight stores to have a
horrible smell). when that's all gone, the plastic gets hard, and
there's really no way to make it soft again. you can make it smaller by
removing some (carefully sanding it, most likely).