Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Sharpie markers dried out

On 1/15/2013 1:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 15, 12:33 pm, Tim Watts wrote:
On Tuesday 15 January 2013 14:06 Stormin Mormon wrote in alt.home.repair:

I've got a box of black Sharpie markers,
purchased several years ago. They have
dried out, so they don't write properly. Is
there something I can add, some solvent,
to make them write again? Drill a hole in
the barrel, and drip some solvent in?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Permanant or non permanant type?

If permanant, I suspect the solvent would cost more (as a sum of capital
cost and messing about time) than new pens!

If non permanant, a few drops of water may do the trick - it may be enough
to stand the nib end in a glass of water overnight, then remove and leave
for another day to sort itself out.
--

It's a nit, but I'm going to pick it anyway.

You asked: "Permanant or non permanant type?"

The question is:

Why doesn't Sharpie list any non-permanent markers on their website?
They specifically list "permanent markers" in numerous colors and they
specifically list "highlighters" and "whiteboard markers", but AFAICT
they never use the term "non-permanent" anywhere on their website. I
used their search engine and couldn't get a hit for non-permanent or
nonpermanent or even non permanent. Well, OK, I lied. Searching for
non permanent returned lots of hits for permanent.

So, is there really such a thing as a non-permanent Sharpie? Many
other companies market non-permanent markers, but apparently Sharpie
does not.

look for washable markers