Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Home Office Project

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:54:36 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Do they have anything for keeping the sapwood in poplar from looking
like a lime popsicle after a clear coat?

I built a magazine rack for a friend. Each of the partitions was poplar
with walnut trim. I picked the greenest poplar I could find. I liked
the look and my friend loved it. I warned him to keep it out of the sun.

In answer to your question, just put the poplar in the sun for a
while :-).

carrying a cross.