Dave Hinz

Default OT - Man angry at Verizon hurls phones

On Fri, 14 May 2004 23:59:39 GMT, Rich wrote:
FARGO, North Dakota (AP) -- A man who said he was fed up with his cellular
phone service went to a Fargo mall and started hurling phones across a
store, striking an employee and causing more than $2,000 in damage,
authorities said.

Ya know, I have a Verizon phone. If I ever see that guy with the
glasses doing his "can you hear me now" thing, I might do something similar.

I have to admit, though, that they do subscribe to the idea of "truth
in advertizing". I find myself saying "Can you hear me now" rather often
when on my Verizon phone. It's usually followed by static, swearing,
and so on, but at least the catch-phrase is accurate.