Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default OT - Nexus 7 tablet - sold out? X-post

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:53:32 +0000 (UTC), Tony Houghton
wrote:

In ,
Mark wrote:

Well, I've got two Samsung devices, a phone & a tablet and neither of
them need rooting to get USB mass storage to work.

It depends on the model. My Tab 8.9 and S3 would both need rooting and a
third party app, but when I discussed this before someone said their S2
has UMS as an option built-in, even after upgrading to Jelly Bean. I
assumed, perhaps wrongly, that the lack of UMS is something they
introduced for newer devices than the S2, so the Tab 2 range isn't
likely to support it.

The Tab 2 does support USB mass storage. I've just tested it.