Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troubleshooting Payne propane furnace blower fan constant but no heat

Sorry to hear your furnace went out. I'd suggest to call
your friends and relatives, and see who they hire for
furnace repair. Home furnace isn't a good place to learn
on. Too many things can go wrong.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Zen" wrote in message ...
Just as it gets cold, my Payne hot air propane-fired furnace broke!

All of a sudden, the blower just blows cold air constantly without letup.
The pilot flame never starts.
Obviously, the gas never lights up either.

This happened, all of a sudden.

Normally, it has an electronic pilot, which lights the gas about a minute
after the blower starts. There is plenty of propane.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

I think there are three main components:
1. The flame apparatus
2. The circuit board
3. The lockout switch

I'm inclined to just buy all three, and replace (and have a spare), since
I remember the last service call was expensive and the circuit board was
replaced in seconds after a three week wait for the parts to arrive.

Do you have any idea WHERE I can get the three main components?