Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default New Lowes

On 1/15/2013 11:47 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:19:44 -0800, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

I find Lowes cleaner and better organized and stocked. It is more geared
to the home owner, more typical retail. Home Depot is a bit more geared
towards contractors. At least in my experience and pretty consistent
acros the dozen or so different store sites I frequent.

At least in my area, the Lowes stores seem to have employees who know at
least a little more about what they're selling than Home Depot. At least
when I ask for something they seem to know what it is and where it is :-).

It can sure be location dependent. The Home Depot in N Austin, TX, East
of 35 and not that far South from RM2222, has some of the most
construction knowledgeable young ladies I've ever experienced in any
Borg. A couple of them have more general construction knowledge than
most subs. Since Austin is a college town, my guess is that they're
either Architect or Industrial Arts majors.

Overall, and unlike most Home Depot locations here, Lowe's employees
seem to generally be smarter than the cash registers.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net