Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default New Home Office Project

Swingman writes:
On 1/15/2013 11:27 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:20:30 -0600, Leon wrote:

I have never ever had any luck with purple heart staying purple. For me
it always turns brown. It would look cool in purple heart and maybe,
zebra! ;~)

Woodcraft sold (and may still) a dye called, IIRC, burgundy. A little of
that on purpleheart does not change the color, but it keeps the color a
lot longer. In fact I'm still waiting after several years to see the
brown.

Do they have anything for keeping the sapwood in poplar from looking
like a lime popsicle after a clear coat?

Latex paint?